Support > Battery
How to turn on the battery?
Follow these easy steps:
- Insert the battery into the bottle holder.
- Ensure that the battery is switched off before plugging in the connector into the battery base. The battery must be in OFF position every time it is connected to the motor.
- Place the Power button in ON position by pressing it. Infinity system is activated. In this position you can start searching your e-bike through the dedicated Smartphone application.
How can I charge the battery?
Every Infinity e-bike and every e-Race system is equipped with a dedicated charger to get the most out of the charging cycle. You can charge the battery directly on the bike or you can take the battery away which is very easy to do and charge it anywhere you want. You just need to insert the plugs of the charger into the battery charging socket and into the wall outlet.
Please ensure your battery is ON before connecting it to the charger. Disconnect it from the charger as soon as possible after it has been fully charged and switch the battery off by placing the power button in OFF position.
What is charging time?
Charging time depends on the battery capacity: 4.5 hours for full charge (Pack370) or 3 hours for full charge (Pack250); 2 hours for half charge (Pack370) or 1.5 hours for half charge (Pack250).
The charger is equipped with a LED that shows the status of charging:
- Red: charging in progress
- Green: charging completed
- Flashing red: charging after excessive battery discharge
Recommendations on charging?
- Lithium-ion batteries have no charge memory, so there’s no requirement to fully discharge the battery before recharging it. It is recommended to charge the battery after every ride and avoid excessive battery discharge.
- Ensure your battery is ON before connecting it to the charger. Disconnect the battery from the charger after the charging cycle is completed and switch the battery off by placing the Power button in OFF position.
- Do not leave the battery connected to the charger after it has been fully charged (green LED).
- When battery is not in use, always turn it off by placing the Power button in the OFF position.
- When you are not going to use your ebike for a long time besides placing the Power button in the OFF position, completely disconnect the battery from the ebike and place it in a dry place away from sources of light, heat, and humidity.
- Let the battery warm up a bit before you charge it if you were riding in cold before.
- Always charge in a dry place at room temperature away from direct light and heat sources close to the battery and the charger.
What is the battery range?
The range calculation is not a fixed unit and depends on a variety of factors including:
- Total weight, incl. bicycle weight and luggage weight,
- Type of bicycle and riding style,
- Average riding speed (obtained due to both the motor assist and the cyclist’s effort),
- Terrain and surface,
- Wind conditions,
- Frequency of starting up,
- Battery capacity.
This means that every Infinity e-bike range calculation will be slightly different because they are all cycled in different ways, in different places, with different riders and set-ups.
Standard Range Pack250: 40-100km
Standard Range Pack370: 60-150km
How to increase battery range?
Here’re some tips how to maximize the range of a rechargeable Infinity ebike battery:
- Total weight. Try to minimise the total weight by carrying less rider luggage.
- Assist level. Low support level means low power consumption and thus more hours of autonomy.
- Cadence. Pedal in the optimum cadence, this is usually 50-60rpm for best results. Very slow pedalling is very costly in terms of energy.
- Starting & braking. The less frequently you start and stop the higher range you get. Long distances at a constant speed is the most economical riding style.
- Gear shifting. Change gear in a smoother manner and use your gears correctly for ultimate efficiency. Low gear for start off ad inclines.
- Tire pressure. Pump the tyres to a heavier pressure it will help to decrease the rolling resistance.
- Weather conditions. Ride in better weather conditions. Strong wind and low temperature decrease the range.
How to clean and store the battery?
It is recommended to use a damp cloth to clean the battery. The batteries are splash water protected. Cleaning with a direct water jet or immersion in water, however, are impermissible. Before cleaning the e-bike, remove the battery.
If the battery is not used for a long period of time, store it at room temperature in a dry location. It is recommended not to store it completely charged or completely discharged. The ideal charge status for lengthy periods of storage is approximately 40 to 60%.
What are the warnings?
- When battery is not in use, always turn it off by placing the Power button in the OFF position. If the battery is not switched off there will be a continuous power consumption from the Control System leading to the battery discharge.
- Ensure your battery is ON before connecting it to the charger.
- The battery power button must be in OFF position every time it is connected to the motor (when the connector is plugged into the battery base).
- The batteries are splash water protected. Cleaning with a direct water jet or immersion in water, however, are strictly prohibited.