AUTONOMY – FACTORS AFFECTING IT AND RECOMMENDATIONS
- The effort that exerts the engine during the ride is directly connected to the weight of the cyclist and the carried baggage. The greater the weight is the more power is required for acceleration going uphill. It is recommended to reduce to minimum the baggage in order to increase the overall autonomy.
- Thanks to the electronic control system with such modes as Economy, Tour and City Speed you can ride with the cadence that you prefer without stressing too much the engine. After several rides you’ll be able to figure the best operating mode in order to reach the maximum performance and autonomy from your battery.
- Regularly check the tire pressure. If the tires are deflated the rolling resistance increases and the autonomy might be reduced significantly. Infinity is equipped with the Schwalbe Big Apple tires that have a natural shock-absorbing effect, the recommended operating pressure ranges from 1.5 to 2.2 bars depending on the total weight of the rider and the luggage.
- In steep hills the speed and the autonomy diminish because the engine has to deliver more power to increase speed and to overcome the climb.
- Maintaining a constant speed, increase the cadence (it is recommended to ride with low gears): by doing so you ride in the most economical way and increase the autonomy.
- Low and high temperatures decrease the autonomy. Keep the battery in a dry cool place before to use it. In this way it is possible to reduce the negative effects of the temperature.